2021 Small Grant Program
Please read this page and the guidelines completely before starting the grant process to fully ensure you meet the requirements and to better the information we receive in the hope of awarding your organization a grant from The Olson Foundation.
The Olson Foundation will be awarding the Small Grant Program on a once yearly basis. A Small Grant is a one year grant from $10,000 to $35,000. The information in the Small and Large Grant Guidelines applies to a Small Grant.
The Small Grant Application due date is Tuesday, June 1st, 2021. Applicants will be notified by Tuesday, August 31st, 2021 whether a grant was awarded or denied.
The funds from these grants must be spent within twelve months of receipt.
The Olson Grant Committee reviews each application. We evaluate several things:
- How well does the organization’s mission align with our mission?
- Is the proposed project/program reasonable, needed, realistic, and well planned?
- Does the project/program serve an underserved population?
- How much impact on the community will the project/program have?
- How does funding this project/program compare to the other proposals?
- Committee members may also review the organization’s web site or call the organization.
Individual Olson Grant Committee members can not alter these guidelines. Any questions about the grant guidelines must be submitted in writing to Grants@Olsonfoundation.org.
The Small Grant Application has been updated for 2021 which includes an online registration and application electronic submittal process. Please visit the Small Grant Application, 2021 online application in order to register, complete, and submit a Small Grant for 2021.